About Nashville Rowing
Nashville Rowing is a 501c3 Non-Profit serving the Greater Nashville (TN) area. Our organization was started in 1986 by a small group of adult rowers looking to build a rowing community here in Music City. Nashville Rowing began its rebranding in 2013 with the creation of Juniors programming, and greatly expanded Adult programming. In the last 4 years, we have seen tremendous growth in membership, equipment, competitiveness, and coaching. Nashville Rowing currently has members from Davidson, Williamson, and Sumner counties as well as middle and high school athletes from 28 schools and counting in the greater Nashville Area. Our juniors program has become an increasingly competitive force at both regional and national levels with qualifying boats competing at the US Rowing Youth Nationals each year for the last three years. We have established ourselves as a life-cycle program, where programs feed each other from middle school development all the way up to adult competitive programs. Our goal is to facilitate the gaining of skills that not only allow our participants to compete at the highest level, but that can be transferrable to their lives as members of our greater community.
Juniors Assistant Coach
Outlying Overall Goals
- Grow Nashville Juniors Rowing to a self-supporting amount of athletes
- Maximize the learning curve of all athletes by preparing them for the Nashville Rowing stroke
Organization & Planning
- Work with Varsity Head Coach to implement consistent practice plans on a daily basis
- Be informed of the detailed schedule and review the program with the Varsity Head Coach
- Implement the training and organizational plan to the best of the coaching staff’s abilities during each season
- Assure that rowers are boated and taught in a manner consistent with the rowers commitment, fitness, and level of skill
- Work closely with the greater Nashville Rowing Community to foster comprehensive team focus and promote strong bonds for a united vision.
- The Assistant Coach is responsible for the safety of the boats they are assigned each practice.
- The Assistant Coach will notify the Varsity Head Coach if a club rule is necessary to promote safety
- Assure compliance with all NR /USRowing safety policy/procedure
- Notify Juniors Program Director of any concerns or infraction of policy
- Teach a uniform rowing technique across all Juniors boats that is in line with what the top boats are learning
- Monitor the performance of all rowers and provide technical advice to improve ratio of successful rows to unsuccessful rows
- Work hand-in-hand with the Middle School Development Development Program
- Help make race line-ups and plans that best suites the athletes
- Work with the Varsity Head Coach and the rest of the entire Juniors staff on regatta plans
- Supervise loading/unloading and driving the trailer
- Help with the recruitment for the Juniors programs
- Facilitate the documentation of attendance for the Juniors programs and keep the Juniors Program Director and athletes aware of any attendance issues.
Base salary review is based on the “responsibilities” used when hiring current coach. We view these activities as the minimum expectations for our staff. A good job here is reflected in a salary increase. An annual bonus will be considered with the potential for the staff member to earn an additional 0-10% of his base salary. The Board of Directors determines bonus point criteria for each year and those criteria for the next year are shown to the head coach during annual review.